Yield: About 14 fritters
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 5 min
- 4 cups shredded zucchini (using the Heart Peeler™ julienne blade in the mini-mandoline attachment)
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sliced scallions (green and white parts)
- Vegetable oil
- Sour cream, for serving (optional)
Place the shredded zucchini in a colander set over a bowl and sprinkle the zucchini lightly with salt. Allow the zucchini to stand for 10 minutes. Using your hands, squeeze out as much liquid from the zucchini as possible. Transfer the zucchini to a large bowl.
Add the flour, eggs, sliced scallions, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper to the bowl, stirring until the mixture is combined. Line a plate with paper towels.
Liberally coat the bottom of a large sauté pan with vegetable oil and place it over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, scoop 3-tablespoon mounds of the zucchini mixture into the pan, pressing them lightly into rounds and spacing them at least 2 inches apart. Cook the zucchini fritters for 2 to 3 minutes, then flip them once and cook an additional 2 minutes until golden brown and cooked throughout.
Transfer the zucchini fritters to the paper towel-lined plate and immediately sprinkle them with salt. Repeat the scooping and cooking process with the remaining zucchini mixture.
Serve the zucchini fritters topped with sour cream (optional) and sliced scallions.
Zucchini Pasta with Vegan Cashew Basil Pesto
- 2 large zucchinis
- 2 cups of fresh basil
- ¼ cup of raw cashews
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup + 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ⅓ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of nutmeg
In a food processor, add garlic cloves, 3 tablespoons olive oil, pepper, and cashews. Process until smooth.
Add salt, basil and ¼ cup olive oil and process again.
Add lemon juice and process until combined.
Set the pesto aside to allow flavors to mix.
Julienne zucchinis using the Heart Peeler™ into a large bowl and combine with pesto until well-coated.
Serve and enjoy!
with Garlic-Basil Marinara
- 2 large zucchinis, julienned into long strips using the Heart Peeler™
- 15 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed or minced
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil, cut into thin ribbons
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
Julienne your zucchinis and set aside. Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Toss the sauce with the noodles. Enjoy! Serves 4